Galvanizing, also known as hot dip galvanizing, is an effective metal corrosion protection method used primarily in metal structures in various industries. The rust-removed steel is immersed in a zinc solution melted at about 500 ° C to adhere the zinc layer to the surface of the steel member, thereby preventing corrosion. Hot-dip galvanized steel pipes are widely used in production and life for their high-quality properties low carbon galvanized steel wire and become part of people’s lives. Compared with traditional steel pipes, what are the characteristics of hot-dip galvanized steel pipes, and which aspects of our life are used to obtain hot-dip galvanized steel pipes?
First, hot-dip galvanizing and hot-dip galvanizing should be one thing.
Related knowledge: Hot dip galvanizing is a very good one among the various coating methods for protecting steel substrates. It is not only plated with a thick layer of pure zinc on the steel, but also a layer of zinc-iron alloy after a relatively complicated physical and chemical action in the state of zinc being liquid. This plating method not only has the corrosion resistance characteristics of electrogalvanizing, but also has a zinc-iron alloy layer. It also has strong corrosion resistance that cannot be compared with electrogalvanized. Therefore, this plating method is particularly suitable for use in various strong corrosive environments such as strong acid and alkali mist.
Second, the principle: the hot-dip galvanizing layer is formed in three steps under high temperature liquid state:
1. The iron-based surface is dissolved by the zinc liquid to form a zinc-iron alloy phase layer;
2. The zinc ions in the alloy layer further diffuse into the matrix to form a zinc-iron mutual solution layer;
3. The surface of the alloy layer is covered with a zinc layer.
Third, the performance characteristics:
1. A thick, dense layer of pure zinc is applied over the surface of the steel to prevent contact of the steel substrate with any corrosive solution and to protect the steel substrate from corrosion. In the general atmosphere, the surface of the zinc layer forms a very thin and dense surface of the zinc oxide layer, which is difficult to dissolve in water, so it plays a protective role on the steel substrate. If zinc oxide forms an insoluble zinc salt with other components in the atmosphere, the corrosion resistance is more desirable.
2. It has an iron-zinc alloy layer, which combines compactness and exhibits special corrosion resistance in marine salt spray atmosphere and industrial atmosphere;
3. Due to the strong bonding, zinc-iron is mutually soluble and has strong wear resistance;
4. Since zinc has good ductility, its alloy layer adheres firmly to the steel base, so the hot-dip parts can be cold-drawn, rolled, drawn, bent, etc. without damaging the plating;
5. After hot-dip galvanizing of steel structural parts, it is equivalent to one-time annealing treatment, schedule 40 steel pipe price, which can effectively improve the mechanical properties of the steel matrix, eliminate the stress during the forming and welding of steel parts, and facilitate the turning of steel structural parts.
6. The surface of the hot-dip galvanized part is bright and beautiful.
7. The pure zinc layer is the most plasticized galvanized layer in hot-dip galvanizing. Its properties are basically close to pure zinc and it is malleable, so it is flexible.
Fourth, the scope of application:
The application of hot-dip galvanizing has also expanded correspondingly with the development of industry and agriculture. Therefore, hot-dip galvanized products are used in industry (such as chemical equipment, petroleum processing, marine exploration, metal structures, power transmission, shipbuilding, etc.), agriculture (eg sprinkler irrigation, boudoir), construction (eg water and gas transportation, wire sets) Pipes, scaffolding, houses, etc., bridges, transportation, etc. have been widely adopted in recent years. Since the hot-dip galvanized products have the characteristics of beautiful appearance and good corrosion resistance, the application range thereof is more and more extensive.